8 not so great and a trip to the zoo
Hey friends! How is the mid-week treating you? Getting back to real life after a long weekend is never fun. I so loved all the family time and life slowing down a bit. It never slows down too much with wild man. I am okay with that =) We went to the zoo one day and stayed home and played the next. I love to go but always enjoy a little home time as well.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
Chilling at the zoo.
Something you don’t see everyday, even at the zoo.
He liked the horses =)
He’s so fun!
He pointed to everything and said ‘dat’ ‘dat’
I was saying the same on this one son.
My Fitbit after our zoo trip. (I did not put the watch on until early morning. Promise I slept more than that)
The next day we set up the kiddy pool in the back yard. I am so excited summer is here!
He loved it!
First time dip in the pool this year! Many more to come….
Today I wanted to share 8 not so great things about me. On the internet, we seem to always have on our game face, smile, and act together. Let’s be real though, we all have things that just annoying us that shouldn’t. We all about bad habits and if you are like me some of these things you are just probably not going to change.
So here is a list of some not so great things about me (some are more like pet peeves). Hope it makes you smile….or roll your eyes. Whateve!
- Please do not small talk me in the mornings! I get it there is really nothing to say when you’ve only been up 10 minutes and that is fine. How about just say nothing! Please! At least let me have some coffee first.
- All the good mornings! What is up with that? I guess I am rude but saying good morning 10 times as good as I walk in the door to work just gets on my nerves. Half of the people will not speak to me any other time of the day so why now?
- Asking me how I am! This kind of goes with the good morning thing. I find it really fake when meeting someone in the hallway and they say ‘hey how are you’ while walking at an accelerated pace as if they are scared you might answer. It is a bad habit, people! If you are going to say ‘how are you’ then mean it and wait for a response. If you do not care for a response simply stop saying it.
- I am way too good at rolling or cutting my eyes!
- I have a “tone”. D really gets on to me for this. When someone says something ridiculous or I get annoyed apparently it is way too obvious in my voice. I am a work in progress what can I say =)
- I rarely listen to voicemails. It is really rude to just delete it but after the first sentence I tone out. Just text me please.
- When I feel overwhelmed I get snippy. In other words, if I am cooking supper with the baby crying and my phone is going off please do not start the small talk with me. My reply might not be as kind as it should be.
- I am a fixer! I know it is annoying and I am working on it. If you tell me a problem I too often try to come up with a solution. I try to tell myself to shut up. Again a work in process.
Question: What is your not so great? Are you a fixer? Do you think people try to be too perfect on social media? Favorite zoo animal?